Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Organization and Water Storage Relief Society Meeting

I want to thank all the sisters that participated and came to the R.S. meeting last night. I loved the organization part and all the ideas that were given. I definitely needed it!

For those that were not able to make it or did not get a water storage handout I got the information from here, here and here. I also just found this other link for water purification that is excellent that you could print out and put in your binder. Click here to see.

There are a lot of great resources out there that we can gain information from. I hope you take the time to read the handout so you can not only get your water storage in order but prepared to handle any situation as it comes.

We also talked about food storage containers. For those of you are interested in the box for water storage please check it out here at Emergency Essentials. They also have other water storage options as well. Something I forgot to mention last night is that the boxes can also double for sanitation after you have used the water.

If you are interested in doing the binder. I know you all are :) Click here. Scroll down and click on the second item...the Emergency Preparedness plan. You can either just print out theirs or you can do the excel version and customize it to your needs.

Nylla Kunard also mentioned that she has some empty gallon OJ bottles that can be used for water storage as well as some 5 gallon buckets. If you are interested please contact her.

Some of you also expressed an interest in making your own HOMEMADE LAUNDRY SOAP. Here is a recipe that my friends and I have used in the past. It works great by itself and it is low sudsing. However, if you love the smell of a commercial brand such as Gain or Tide, you can add a small bottle of the detergent. I have also known people to add some Oxi-Clean for some super duty stain removing. You can also add essential oils to the detergent to get the smell you want. My friends usually double the recipe and make it in a 5 gallon bucket. Good Luck.

I hope I didn't leave anything out. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks again to everyone who came and participated. It was a great evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment